Have you ever found yourself stuck in a rut of complacency? What about feeling trapped in a prison of fear? The mind is a battlefield and it takes internal resolve if you’re going to prevail every single day!
I have encountered almost every negative emotion known to woman and have learned it’s the invisible things we cannot see that smothers us in a bed of defeat. The word prevail is defined as to gain ascendancy through strength, power or influence; to prove more powerful than opposing forces or conquer and overcome. You are stronger than your struggle. You are a victor, not a victim. You are a prize, not a pebble.
"How long will you pretend to be a tea light when you've been created to be a trail-blazing torch?"
Change does not happen overnight, it happens OVER LIFE!
Twenty years ago, my self-esteem was dirt low after making one bad decision after the next. I dated the wrong men who did not value me because I did not value myself. To mask the pain I would attempt to hide it in a bottle of alcohol or smoke it away. When I woke up guess who was looking back in my face? Me. We can’t out run ourselves. I decided to love myself and love her fiercely.
The greatest act of love is forgiveness. One of the most crippling emotions I have ever felt was shame. At the age of seventeen, I lost my virginity and became pregnant in one night. Mentally, I was in no condition to have a child. I made a selfish choice to have an abortion and at the clinic, there were protesters outside. One of them handed me a little plastic doll to demonstrate I would be taking a human life. I kept that doll hidden in my lingerie drawer for two decades until going on a 73-day fast from comfort foods.
Instantly, the emotional chains were broken off of me. I finally threw the doll away and forgave myself completely. Shame maintains control over that which we fear to speak about. I made a decision to live FREE from fear, judgment, condemnation and the opinion of others! Imperfection is my superpower. TRUTH is the most solid ground you can stand upon.
Recondition your mind to challenge what's challenging you because, what you FEED, you will BREED! A new course will require new courage!
- Do that which makes you come alive inside.
- Embrace that which wakes you up out of your sleep.
- Pursue that which makes your heart beat with fiery passion.
- Hunger for that which never satisfies the deepest parts of your soul.
- Imagine that which inspires you to transform into the most magnificent version of yourself.
- Live your life by design and not default.
Evolving into a higher version of yourself will feel extremely uncomfortable, and vulnerable to the zenith degree. It's called GROWTH! CHANGE! TRANSITION! TRANSFORMATION! METAMORPHOSIS! BREAKTHROUGH!
- I give myself permission to weep and heal.
- I give myself permission to love the unloving.
- I give myself permission to pursue galactic goals.
- I give myself permission to walk in power, strength and might.
- I give myself permission to play by the rules that I write one letter at a time.
- I give myself permission to shine bright like a diamond.
- I give myself permission to travel the globe doing what I love the most.
- I give myself permission to relax when need and ROAR when I must.
- I give myself permission to breathe deeply from the wells of fulfillment.
- I give myself permission to be extraordinary and dwell amongst generals of greatness.
- I give myself permission to maximize my divine potential.
- I give myself permission to live in freedom from fear.
- I give myself permission to enjoy the beauty of life wherever I go.
- I give myself permission to explore new ideas and experiment daily.
- I give myself permission to stand out from the masses and powerfully exercise the profound wisdom that comes from inside.
- I give myself permission to be abundantly blessed with the best of all things.
- I give myself permission to sit in the lap of luxury.
- I give myself permission to become all that I have been destined to be.
- I give myself permission to live fully without reservation, hesitation, contemplation, trepidation, procrastination, or explanation.
They asked her, “How did you free yourself?" She answered, "By embracing my own power." -Yung Pueblo
Written by Kristie Kennedy Ward
Kristie Kennedy Ward is a Women’s Worth and Wellness Expert who provides confidence and clarity coaching to female leaders, executives, and business owners who are exhausted from being the world’s best-kept secret, ready to claim the center stage as the leading lady of their own life, powerfully shift in mind and magnificently shine.