We've all been there before. You're feeling stuck in a rut and can't muster the motivation to get anything done. Trust me; you're not alone. It's normal to feel like this from time to time. The good news is there are practical solutions you can deploy to help yourself out of this funk. Here are five ways to motivate yourself when you're feeling stuck:
- Define your goal. When you're feeling stuck, it's often because you don't have a clear goal in mind. If you don't know what you're working toward, it's hard to stay motivated. Sit down and take some time to define your goal. What do you want to accomplish? Once you have a clear goal in mind, it won't be as hard to stay motivated and focused on achieving it.
- Make a plan. Having a plan is crucial for staying motivated. Without a plan, it's easy to get bogged down with mental clutter or lost along the journey. Determine which steps you should take to reach your goal and make a plan for how you will accomplish each step. Putting your plan in writing will help you stay on track and motivated.
- Set a deadline. Deadlines can be a great motivator. When you have a deadline looming, it's easier to stay focused and push through any obstacles that come up. Choose a realistic deadline for reaching your goal and put it in writing where you will see it every day.
- Find an accountability partner. Having someone who will hold you accountable can keep you on track and be a great instant motivator when you're feeling stuck or unfocused. Find someone who shares your goals and checks in with them regularly about your progress. Just knowing that someone is counting on you can be enough to keep you moving forward, even when things are tough.
- Take action every day. In my opinion, the best way to stay motivated is to take action every day toward reaching your goal—no matter how small the action may be. When you make progress each day, even if it's just a little bit, it will help keep you motivated and focused on the task at hand until you achieve the desired outcome.
Everyone goes through down periods from time to time—but with a little effort (and maybe some trial and error), you can get back on track again in no time. And everyone has off days—so cut yourself some slack and don't be too hard on yourself if you're struggling to find motivation. Remember, just taking action each day is a small action that can help you stay motivated and get you moving in the right direction! You've got this!
Written by Chelsea Dixon
Chelsea Dixon is the Founding Editor of Love U Magazine. She's also a freelance writer and content marketer in her spare time. To learn more about her vision for the magazine, read From the Editor's Desk on our About Page.